CODEPINK issued an alert on Thursday, December 3, about the President's West Point speech on Afghanistan and his failure to respond to the many voices calling for peace. We asked people to email the White House to voice their concerns.
The alert had been out for three minutes when the phone rang. It was the White House. They had been getting our emails non-stop and YOU were a part of making that happen. Thank you for voicing your opinion, and know that your message got through.
Read Jodie Evans' article on her conversation with the White House here!
Check out our HOPELESS ESCALATION: 5 Actions in Under 5 Minutes
1. Did you know that the troop levels in Afghanistan will TRIPLE under Obama's presidency? Use our quick and easy tool to tell the White House we're mad as hell and we're going to push back against this escalation: http://bit.ly/501jwP
2. Join the CODEPINK Community over on our Facebook Page. Post a comment on the wall to tell us what you thought about Obama's speech or how your are taking action. You can post photos from your protests too! http://bit.ly/4xiDW4
3. Change Your Profile Pic on Facebook or Twitter to speak out against the Escalation: http://twitpic.com/rzlfv
4. Share the Hopeless Escalation e-card with your friends and family to keep the conversation going: http://bit.ly/5jxsFo
5. Print out our Hopeless Escalation image and post in your window or your car. Black and white: http://bit.ly/6rkTS4 Color: http://bit.ly/4U5cpw
We will continue to keep you in the loop with action ideas so you and your community can keep active around this hopeless escalation!
Standing Up for Peace,
Dana, Emily, Farida, Gael, Gayle, Janet, Jodie, Marina, Medea, Nancy, Paris, Rae, Suzanne, and Whitney + the 36 CODEPINK Local Groups around the country who held actions this week