On Monday, December 13, the members of the Electoral College will meet in every state capitol to cast their votes to elect the President and Vice-President of the United States. We need to protest and make visible the many voting rights violations and election irregularities which call into question the integrity of the 2004 election and to demand real reforms to protect, extend, and deepen democracy.
If you haven't already, go on line and sign our Voter Bill of Rights and forward it to friends:
Below are also ways you can participate and stay informed.
Protect our Democracy,
Andrea, Claire, Dana, Gael, Jodie, Medea, Tiffany
1) Organize protests in the days leading up to the Dec. 13 meeting of the Electoral College, and on December 13 itself:
* Demand that every vote be verified and counted in all states before the Electors cast their votes!
* Call for the implementation of the Voter Bill of Rights, which details eleven vital election reforms, including the abolition of the electoral college, a guarantee of a voter-verified paper trail for all voting machines, replacement of partisan oversight of elections with nonpartisan election commissions and prevention of lawless vote suppression and voter intimidation. Deliver the Voter Bill of Rights to your members of Congress and demand their support for these reforms.
2) Contact your state's Electors to see if you can convince one or more of them to join you at the protest to express their concerns about the state of our democracy. A list of your state's Electors should be available on your state's secretary of state website, or with your state's election board.
3) Alert local media, using the Electoral College vote as a news hook. We need to break through the media whitewash of the disenfranchisement, vote suppression and fraud that occurred in this election.
4) List your protests events under "Directory of Local Actions" at http://www.Nov3.US.
This call to action is an initiative of the No Stolen Elections! Campaign and is endorsed by CODEPINK, United for Peace and Justice, 51 Capital March, and others. We are seeking national co-sponsors. If your national organization is willing to co-sponsor this call, please contact us at email@example.com
51 Capital March:
Jesse Jackson's Something's Fishy in Ohio:
Rally Demands Speedy Ohio Recount
New Ohio Vote Tallies Question Legitimacy of Election
Election Day Problems: