| Your member of
Congress responds to pressure; our Lobby Toolbox will help you focus
that pressure to end war funding and bring our troops home.
Effective lobbying depends on four P's: Preparation, Personal Stories,
Persistence and Pink!
the Facts and Find Out
What Congress Needs to Hear!
- Find your
member of Congress and check out his or her website to find
local and DC office info and legislative updates
- Call your Congressperson in DC by dialing the Congressional
switchboard at 202-225-3121
a public action to generate many calls in a short time
- Send your Congressperson an email
using our simple Write to Congress tool (coming soon!)
- For further tips on communicating with Congress, click
here for a handy two-page guide
a visit to your representative's office
- Invite folks from your local CODEPINK group, and/or from the
wider community to form a team; focus your message and contact
the media (tips
- Call the Congresspersons office for an appointment or
just show up! Click
here for more office visit tips
- If your Congressperson isn't listening, organize an occupation
of the local office, or an encampment outside his/her home. Get
inspired by the examples listed below:
Act in DC:
- Join CODEPINK in the halls of Congress in DC daily!
Click here to apply to live and take action with us in DC
Events and Campaigns
As a constituent, you can influence your member of Congress to
stand up for peace by voicing your opinions and values, and encouraging
others to stand with you.